WHY is the TOWN HALL meeting going forward and being conducted Monday 6/29 on ZOOM?
A meeing scheduled for JULY or AUGUST held at CROWN PARK would allow face to face discussion.
This is what people want.
Since the Mayor and the CC is going ahead with the Online Zoom meeting then they need to answer the OUTSTANDING QUESTIONS. The bulk of these questions remain to be unanswered since EARLY MAY when they were posted to the CC at a regular sheduled CC meeting. These questions are not addressed or answered on the PUBLIC COMMENTS FOLLOWUP section of City website.
There has been NO discussion of any of these comments / questions.
WHEN WILL THEY BE ADDRESSED ?? – WE ARE STILL WAITING !!
I think you would agree that the City of Camas would like to avoid the “Oh S… Moment” that other Municipalities, Counties, States and the US Treasury is going to face in the future.
Camas needs to get ahead of the REVENUE shortfalls that are coming in the years ahead.
During the last CC Meeting on 6/15 Section 6 of the Mayor's Proclamation was DELETED.
It was moved by Chaney, and seconded, to reaffirm the Mayor’s Proclamation of Civil Emergency dated March 18, 2020, and the Supplement dated April 15, 2020, be reaffirmed with the exception that section 6 of the Supplement be stricken. The motion passed unanimously.
WHY??? What has changed Financially that made this a smart decision ????
To that point still outstanding are the following:
1. Since the 2019/2020 budget goes through the end of the year what is the LINE ITEM DETAIL of the $191K monthly PHASE 1 Spending Cuts beyond what you covered in your 5/28/2020 video??
Maintaining a 17% reserve was stated as being the line in the sand BEFORE it is necessary to implement Phase 2.
2. What are the LINE ITEM DETAILS of the PHASE 2, 3 and 4??
3. When do the TAXPAYERS see the WHOLE PLAN??
4. Where is the TOTAL PLAN for 2020??
5. What are your plans for the rest of the year?
6. How much do you believe you need to save in spending for the next 7 months?
7. Consultants and Outside Contractors – have these been reviewed and only allowed to work on City Critical items? Has the WSP Contract been reviewed?
8. Additionally has the City addressed the following?? Renegotiation of Service Contracts
One of the key elements to address is EXPENSE REDUCTION. Make the plan for deep cuts now:
· Redo the balance of the remaining 2020 budget with an 18% target reduction in TOTAL spending
· Take the same approach with the upcoming 2021/2022 budget process
· Start with a hiring freeze – including City Administrator and any other replacement positions
· Stop OT now – Right now it is running at 6% of payroll for the last 2.5 years
· Stop Incentive Payouts – 3% of payroll for the last 2.5 years
· Does anybody know what Incentive Payouts really are?
· No COLA in 2020/2021
· Take a hard look at reassignment of idled staff for better utilization of available time
And most importantly!!!
Nobody buys anything discretionary or any capital items even though it is in the budget